Our charming small town in Central Texas is such a hidden gem. There are so many exciting things to do in Granbury TX, especially in the Fall with the perfect weather, beautiful clear days, and crisp, cool evenings. After all, Granbury, Texas, was named the “Best Little Historic Small Town” in the country by USA Today, and we couldn’t agree more. Of course, one of the biggest draws in Lake Granbury—a wonderful place to spend the day all year long.
One of the best ways to explore the great things to do in Granbury TX is to stay close to the historic town Square, and our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is the best of both worlds. Our Inn is directly on the lake, on a small bluff that overlooks the Hood County Courthouse bell tower off in the distance, all within walking distance. So you’ll be able to immerse yourself in the quiet on our property, while still being close to all the action downtown.
With only three luxury guest suites, a stay at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is always private and intimate. You’ll never have to worry about noise or crowds. Our Innkeepers love to entertain and pamper their guests with a margarita or glass of wine on arrival, beautiful homemade breakfasts each morning, and their expertise on all of the best things to do in Granbury TX.
Before you start planning your itinerary, get your lodging on the books at Blue Heron B&B!
The Best Things to do in Granbury TX, this Fall
Our quaint downtown area is packed with historical buildings, museums, hometown restaurants, and breweries. Head out in just about 30 minutes, and you’ll find plenty more to explore.
Here are our top ten things to do in Granbury TX, this year:
- Wine Tasting at Texas Wineries: There are many outstanding vineyards and wineries offering stunning views, lovely outdoor seating areas, and informative tours to understand growing grapes in this environment better. A few of our favorite nearby spots are Barking Rocks Winery, Pemberton Cellars Winery, Baron’s Creek Tasting Room, Farina’s Winery, and D’Vine Wine.
- Beers and Live Music at Revolver Brewing: Each Saturday, this Texas brewery opens its property for beer tastings, live music, and rotating food vendors. It’s a festive outing for visitors and locals alike to celebrate craft ales and local talent in the fresh air.
- Grab a Show Granbury Opera House: As one of the most beautiful examples of a restored and maintained iconic landmark, the Granbury Opera House is located in the heart of downtown. It’s the ideal hub for our area’s arts, theater, music, and beyond.
- Dine out at Granbury Restaurants: One of the best things to do in Granbury TX is to eat! There are so many fantastic chefs in this area, and you’ll find anything from Texas bbq, elegant fine dining, and fun, casual meals.
- Shopping in Downtown Granbury: Head down to the historic Granbury Town Square to peruse the local boutiques, specialty shops, and antiques. You’re bound to find something extra special to commemorate your trip.
- Dinosaur Valley State Park: Folks enjoy paddling or fishing on the Paluxy River, hiking or biking along the 20 miles of trails through the wilderness, and of course, mapping the dinosaur tracks along the riverbed at this Texas State Park just about 30 minutes from our B&B in Glen, Rose.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center: Just about a half hour south of our Granbury Bed and Breakfast, you’ll find a safari in Texas. From big cats to giraffes and rare birds to gazelles, a visit Wildlife Center is an exotic experience on a self-guided tour from your car.
- Granbury Lake Walk: The Moment in Time Hike and Bike Trail is by far one of the best things to do in Granbury TX. Take the time to reflect and enjoy the scenery along this three-mile route.
- Granbury Tours: You’ll want to take a self-guided tour in the historic town square, but for those who may be drawn to the paranormal, the Granbury Ghosts and Legends Tour offers a ton of exciting insight into the history of our small town.
- Boating on the Lake: One of the not to miss things to do in Granbury TX is hit the lake! Whether on a guided boat tour or paddling in a kayak on the calm waters.
Romantic Lodging at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast
The Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast is a small slice of paradise in one of the most notable Texas towns where you’ll find so many amazing things to do in Granbury TX. Our location on Lake Granbury makes each here a gift; you’ll feel a nice breeze from the water, and enjoy the shimmering views from the windows of your cozy guest suite.
One of the best things to do in Granbury TX is to spend the evenings out by the fire pit with your feet up, a tasty drink, homemade marshmallows and graham crackers for s’mores, and lively conversation.
Our version of hospitality is like a warm and welcoming hug. We love treating our guests to a hosted stay with homecooked meals, not a single detail overlooked, and an unforgettable time in Granbury. You won’t find these perks when you stay at traditional hotels. Make your stay in Granbury memorable, and book your room today!