There are many amazing Texas wineries near our Granbury Bed and Breakfast for a lovely day wine tasting in the sun. The wine growing areas for the giant state of Texas is split into five specific regions. The climate for cultivating vines (which is sunny and dry) here is often to compared to that of Portugal, which is also known for rich and complex wines.
While Cabernet Sauvignon is the most popular and abundant varietal in Texas, you’ll also find Italian and French varieties that thrive here. Our wine makers are attentive and knowledgable, which will be apparent on any wine tasting tour. You’ll find true Southern hospitality and welcoming folks who just love to talk about wine and share their stories.
As a guest at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast, you’ll find a handful of Texas wineries within 20 minutes of our Inn. For those who want to venture out into the countryside, we’ve also complied a list of Texas wineries within an hour of our front stoop. Before a day heading out into the vineyards, join us at our breakfast table for a hearty and creative morning meal.
Check our availably and book your next stay with us today!
Texas Wineries Near our Granbury Bed and Breakfast
Whether you’re visiting us for a friends getaway or a romantic retreat, heading out for a day of wine tasting at these Texas wineries is a treat! These vineyards and wineries offer stunning views, lovely outdoor seating areas, and informative tours to better understand growing grapes in this environment.
Here are 10 Texas wineries to check out within an hour of our Granbury Bed and Breakfast:
Texas Wineries within 2o minutes of our Granbury B&B
- Barking Rocks Vineyard and Winery: Just under 10 minutes from our Texas Bed and Breakfast, this local winery is all about small batches of premium wines, rustic outdoor seating, and caring for the vines. Look out for their dog, Ripple, the Barking Rocks mascot!
- Pemberton Cellars Winery: This is one of the Texas wineries that only uses locally grown grapes. You’ll find a casual atmosphere, very drinkable reds and whites, and friendly service.
- Bluff Dale Vineyards: Explore this Texas winery in Hill Country, with lovely outdoor patio seating and a charming indoor tasting room. Make sure to call ahead and ask about their upcoming events!
- Bull Lion Ranch Winery: Grab a glass of wine and stroll along the trail through the vineyards at this stellar example of Texas wineries. There are classic Italian, Spanish, and Argentinian varietals planted here.
- D’Vine Wine Granbury: Located right in the heart of the historic Granbury Square, this local winery offers full flights of their locally produced wines. As well as small plates and charcuterie and cheese boards.
Texas Wineries within an hour of our Granbury B&B:
- Wintergrass Vineyard and Winery: This small family-owned and operated winery is just under an hour from our Granbury Bed and Breakfast. The winery was first started out of a 20 foot shipping container!
- Lost Oak Winery: It may be about an hours drive to Lost Oak, but it’s one of the Texas wineries that we highly recommend. The 52-acre farm and vineyard offers lots of open green space for picnics and hikes—all the more fun with a bottle of wine!
- Lucky Vines Vineyard and Winery: Located in Dublin TX, this winery has a modern tasting room with wrap around porch for casual outdoor visits. Feel free to stroll around the vines to get an up-close look at the growing process.
- Silver Spur Winery: This boutique winery is in Texas, but it truly begin in the heart of Sonoma County, CA. The owner brings all of his knowledge of making wine from the west coast to the Lone Star State.
- Red Caboose Winery: This is one of the Texas wineries with a particularly beautiful property. The award-winning wines can be found in their tasting room and if you’re lucky you’ll catch some live music.
Beautiful Lodging at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast
After a wonderful day exploring the surrounding Texas wineries and vineyards head on back to our Granbury Bed and Breakfast for a relaxing evening in. Grab a chair on our private dock right on the shores of Lake Granbury. It’s the best place to take in the sunset on a late summers eve. Or cozy up in our game room with a good book on a comfy sofa.
As a guest at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast you’ll come to find almost instantly that you’ll have a private and quiet escape here. The layout of our guest rooms are ideal for two couples traveling together, a girls weekend, or a romantic retreat. Allow us to help make your stay exactly what you’re looking for. Check our end of summer, early fall availability and start planning today!