Our charming small town on the lake has become a popular tourist destination over the years, and the Granbury restaurants have grown right along with the tourism boost. Granbury is located 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth and about 80 miles from Dallas, making it the perfect weekend or midweek getaway from the city. You’ll love touring the old architecture in the historic Granbury Square, spending days on the waterfront, and exploring the creative cuisine at the best Granbury restaurants.
For those excited about taking a culinary journey in Granbury, you’ll want to secure your lodging at our intimate bed and breakfast directly on the lake’s shoreline. Our beautiful waterfront property offers outdoor spaces to explore and take in the fresh air; inside, our cozy Inn is designed for private and quiet getaways, ideal for couples looking to rekindle or nourish their lasting relationships. You’ll be treated to a scratch-made and hearty breakfast each morning—included for every guest during their stay.
The Best Granbury Restaurants for Dining Out
From white tablecloth fine dining to casual finger-licking eateries, you’ll find it all at these fantastic Granbury restaurants. Feel free to ask your innkeepers about reservations—it’s a good idea to have them at most of the Granbury restaurants on the weekends. Thankfully, Grandbury is an open-container town, so if you do have to wait for a table, grab a glass of wine and explore the town square.
- Garcia’s Grill and Cantina: For the best Mexican restaurant in town head to this festive and authentic spot. Don’t miss the Yazz Rita, it’s delicious—nobody has a better margarita in town.
- Christina’s American Table: You’ll find this long-time bistro in the historic town square, serving up home-cooked food with an elegant twist. Don’t miss the catch of the day, and during the holidays, they go all out on decorations.
- Pearl Street Station: This BBQ and Cajun-inspired eatery is an excellent stop for lunch or dinner with pulled pork, catfish, or brisket sandwiches. The truly hungry (and brave) might order “Bubba’s Blowout,” a giant and meaty choice.
- The Fillin’ Station: Head to this casual vintage cafe in a historic Marathon Oil Station building for burgers, sandwiches, and fried goodies.
- Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge: This is the pick of the Granbury restaurants for a classic, old-school steak house experience. Rustic pasta dishes, stuffed mushrooms, and perfectly grilled meats are always crowd-pleasers.
- Restaurant Anise: White tablecloths, small creative plates, and knowledgeable service await you at this chef-owned restaurant in Granbury. The seasonally driven menu showcases game meats, local produce, and elegant housemade desserts.
- Ketzler’s Schnitzel Haus and Biergarten: For an authentic German feast, this family-owned and operated eatery is known for its Reuben sandwich with signature sauerkraut, the famed schnitzel and sausage plates, all served with a fantastic selection of German beers and wines.
The Best Breakfast in Granbury, Texas:
Of course, our morning breakfast service is one of the best parts of staying with us at the Blue Heron B&B. While our menu changes daily and with the seasons, you can always expect a multi-course feast to start your day off right. We use fresh farm produce whenever possible (even from our very own garden) and local products. We can and jar items throughout the year, so you’re bound to taste the love and care that goes into all of our meals and treats.
A few examples you’ll see on the dining table are fresh biscuits or blueberry muffins, yogurt with berries and granola, crepes with drunken cherry sauce, pancakes, grilled pork chops with fried apples, scrambled eggs with roasted potatoes, smoked pork loin with eggs and fresh homemade salsa. This is also the best time to chat with other guests and take advantage of your seasoned Innkeepers for recommendations of Granbury restaurants and places not to miss around town.
The Holidays at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast
While we know you’ll enjoy yourself around our breakfast table, part of the adventure of a vacation in a new town is exploring the culinary options, and these Granbury restaurants will not disappoint. And neither will our accommodations! If you’re looking for an intimate and cozy getaway, our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is just the ticket. Join us in celebration and festive cheer around the fire during the holidays. Retreat to your beautifully appointed guest suite with lake views and relax. That’s what you came for, after all. Book your next trip to Granbury today!