One of our favorite yearly events is coming up in April: the Granbury Wine Walk! It’s a fantastic community event in the historic downtown area, where guests taste wine from more than 20 Texas wineries, visit arts and vendor booths, and eat excellent meals from food trucks and stalls. There are multiple live musical talents throughout the two-day event, keeping the party-goers dancing into the night.
Our charming small town is the best place for the Granbury Wine Walk, considering there are a host of fantastic Texas wineries in this area. In fact, there are five specific wine-growing regions in the great state of Texas. The average weather here, which is traditionally sunny and dry, is often compared to the climate of Portugal, an area known for cultivating rich and complex wines. While you’ll find an abundance of the ever-popular Cabernet Sauvignon in Texas, many winemakers grow Italian, German, Argentinian, and other French varietals as well.
The Granbury Wine Walk is such a lovely way to get an authentic taste of the caliber of vino these Texas wineries are creating. First, you’ll need to book your lodging, and our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is in the ideal location to enjoy the Granbury Wine Walk. Thankfully, the starting location is just a quick walk from our front porch—and on foot is the best way to go when more than 20 wineries are involved.
The Granbury Wine Walk 2022 Showcasing Texas Wine
This year is such a celebration that they’re extending the hours for more wine, music, and fun! The Granbury Wine Walk takes place on April 23rd and 24th for 2022, with a special VIP dinner event on Thursday, April 21st. This elegant evening includes a beautiful spread of appetizers and live jazz music, all paired with fantastic Texas wine, of course. The cost of the VIP “Sip and Savor” ticket also includes your entry for the two-day Granbury Wine Walk event.
During the two days for the main event, patrons can take their time and stop by the more than 20 Texas Wineries each pouring two tastes of their wine. You’ll enjoy live music from local bands throughout the event. One of the best highlights includes an array of cuisines prepared by some of Texas’s best and brightest chefs. After wining and dining, check out the local artists and vendors with art, handmade goods, and crafted wares.
Our Favorite Texas Wineries nearby our Granbury Bed and Breakfast:
If you can’t make it to Texas for the Granbury Wine Walk, not to worry, there are so many great Texas wineries to explore on your next getaway year-round. Luckily, here are five that are not very far from our Inn!
- D’Vine Wine Granbury: Located right in the heart of the historic Granbury Square, this local winery offers flights of their locally produced wines, the perfect pairing for the small plates and charcuterie and cheese boards.
- Barons Creek Wine Room: This tasting room in Granbury Square is the third outpost for this Texas winery. In the lovely, modern space, you’ll find food and wine pairings, glass pours, and bottles to go.
- Bull Lion Ranch Wine Shop: It’s all about old-world-style wines made from Texas grapes at this family-owned and operated wine shop and tasting room. They also prepare cheese and salami trays and housemade Italian desserts.
- Farina’s Winery and Cafe: It’s apparent that this wine bar and cafe is all about family; you’ll see this on the dinner menu featuring modern twists on classic family recipes passed down over the decades. Enjoy delicious wine, beer, and a welcoming atmosphere right in downtown Granbury.
- Barking Rocks Winery: Just about ten minutes from our Granbury Bed and Breakfast, this local winery is a great place to spend the afternoon on the rustic patio, sipping big, bold reds and crisp, floral whites. If you’re lucky, you’ll catch live music on the lawn!
Cozy & Comfortable Lodging on Lake Granbury
From the moment you arrive at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be whisked away by the peaceful, romantic ambiance of our lakefront Inn. We offer just three guest rooms on Lake Granbury, each tastefully decorated and appointed with an extensive array of amenities. The Lakeview Suite features a king bed and a balcony overlooking the lake, while the Sunrise and Pecan Rooms feature the most comfortable queen-sized beds. Each has a private bath and sitting areas, as well.
Our Inn offers cozy, intimate guest rooms, beautiful views, a dock on Lake Granbury, gourmet breakfast each morning of your stay, and impeccable hospitality. These are just a taste of what awaits you at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast, quickly earning its spot on the list as one of the best places to stay in Texas. Book your next getaway today!