We love this time of year! The holidays are just around the corner, and there are so many festive things to do in Granbury TX, this winter. The sparkling lights, wreaths, and decor is starting to go up; there’s a crisp chill in the air and an anticipation for the upcoming festivities. While our winters are relatively mild here in Granbury TX, you’ll want to pack your knit hats and scarves as the wind coming off the lake can be pretty nippy.
Most of the best things to do in Granbury TX are located in the historic downtown area. From local dining establishments and bars to charming boutiques and historical tours, you’ll be able to spend the majority of your time exploring. Thankfully, our Texas Bed and Breakfast is just minutes from the historic Granbury Square. You’ll quickly see why Granbury was voted as one of the best historic small towns in America by USA Today for the last two years.
Our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is the best intimate lodging for your stay in Texas. We have three suites upstairs in our beautifully maintained and restored 126-year-old home. Each room has a private bath, sitting area, and temperature control. You’ll find luscious linens, fluffy towels, plush robes, and sweeping views of Lake Granbury. Join us each morning for a complimentary breakfast of our favorite recipes.
The Things to do in Granbury TX This Winter
If it’s your first trip to Granbury TX, it probably won’t be your last. From the minute you arrive in our charming, little town, you’ll see why visitors come back year after year. Enjoy the quaint tree-lined streets, southern hospitality, and serene, quiet of the beautiful Lake Granbury.
Here at the top ten things to do in Granbury TX, this winter:
- Head to the Historic Downtown: The historic Granbury Square is the hub of activity in our town. Here you’ll find one of the oldest courthouses in Texas, the opera house, the Hood County Jail Museum, art galleries, and much more.
- Dine out at Granbury restaurants: For most, enjoying the local cuisine is one of the best things to do in Granbury TX. Many of the best Granbury restaurants are located in the historic downtown area. A few favorites are Farina’s Winery and Cafe, 1890 Grill and Lounge, and Babe’s Chicken Dinnerhouse.
- Granbury Opera House: By far, one of the best things to do in Granbury TX is getting tickets to a show at the historic Opera house located in the square. They put on classics like Fiddler on the Roof and The Nutcracker, as well as modern shows like Elf and Sister Act. They just released the line-up for 2022, so start planning for next year too!
- Ghosts and Legends Tour: If you’re a history buff or are interested in the paranormal, this is an excellent tour for you. Our town is full of history, and often, ghost stories come along with it. They offer tours every Friday and Saturday year-round for learning more about the folklore and tall tales of Granbury.
- Revolver Brewing: Only open on Saturdays, this Texas brewery is a great place to have a locally brewed pint. You’re encouraged to make an evening of it and bring a picnic (or there’s a food truck to check out), live music, and of course, beer!
- Wine Tasting at Texas wineries: There’s a host of local and nearby Texas wineries to check out on your stay with us. Head to the brand new Barons Creek Wine Room in Historic Granbury Square for flights of local wines along with food pairings.
- Check out the Local Goat Distillery: In keeping with our theme of exploring adult beverage options, after all, it’s one of the best things to do in Granbury TX on your vacation, head to The Local Goat Distillery. House signature cocktails, snacks, guided distillery tours, and exclusive bottles for take-home purchase that won’t find anywhere else await you!
- Granbury hike and bike trail: After all of that eating and drinking, you might be ready to get a few steps in. The Granbury Moments-in-Time hike and bike trail is a local route that’s just under three miles.
- During the wintertime, one of the best things to do in Granbury TX is to stay in and relax at our Bed and Breakfast on the lake. Cozy up by a fire with a favorite book, play a round of chess in our game room or watch a movie. For fresh air, head down to our dock on the lake, a beautiful haven of relaxation and nature.
- Join us for a gourmet four-course breakfast! We love to cook, and breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. We offer a seasonal menu that changes daily with classic dishes and our own family recipes. And we always end with something sweet. Join us in our spacious dining room, or take your meal in private. It’s one of the things to do in Granbury TX that you just won’t want to miss!
Head to Granbury this Winter for a Getaway
Of course, we might be biased, but one of the best things to do in Granbury TX is staying at the Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast! It’s a vacation that you won’t forget anytime soon. From our welcoming hospitality, stunning lake views, and comfortable suites, you’ll feel right at home. We can’t wait to host you this winter or in the upcoming new year. Check our upcoming availability and book today!