Just 35 miles southwest of Fort Worth, you’ll find one of the most charming small towns in Texas. What you might not know is that there are so many things to do in Granbury TX, you really have to come here to see for yourself. The crown jewel is Lake Granbury for amazing summertime activities. Our quaint downtown area is packed with historical buildings, museums, and home town restaurants and breweries.
Just around the outlying areas, there’s so much to explore. From viewing the exotic animals at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center or searching for real fossils at Dinosaur Valley State Park. Also, the Brazos Drive-In is a blast from the past offering double feature movies from the comfort of your own car. And just like all of Texas we love our beer and wine here, so sipping and tasting is one of the best things to do in Granbury TX.
Our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is minutes from the beautiful downtown center. It’s the perfect destination lodging to experience all the things to do in Granbury TX. Our cozy Inn is set just back from Lake Granbury on rolling hills of green, our eye-catching blue dock is a lovely spot to spend a day on the water relaxing. With only three luxury guest suites, a stay at our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is always private and intimate.
Come explore all the things to do in Granbury TX and book your room today!
These are the Best Things to do in Granbury TX this Summer
Over this past year, we’ve all come to realize how important it is to getaway from the grind of everyday life and work. Now that it feels like we’re moving back towards normality, vacations look more like they used to. For those who are still easing their way back out into the world, our Granbury Bed and Breakfast is great first step. With room to roam and keep a comfortable social distance, lots of fresh air, and a small setting, you’ll feel more than safe on your stay with us.
Here are 10 things to do in Granbury TX on your next vacation:
- The most popular attraction to this area is Granbury Lake for boating, fishing, swimming, and sunbathing. Thankfully, on your stay at the Blue Heron B&B you’ll have private access to the lake and you can spend hours on our dock. The long narrow lake was formed in 1969 thanks to the completion of the Brazos River Dam.
- If you want to head out to explore other parts of the lake, Granbury City Beach Park is the best place. The sandy shoreline is perfect for spending a day swimming and picnicking near the water or just sitting and watching the kayakers and paddle boarders glide on by.
- One of the best ways to explore the downtown is by Trolley Tour which has about 20 stops along the route. This gives you a lay of the land, sights, and shopping options. The Downtown Historic Granbury Square is not to be missed, especially the Courthouse and the completely restored 1886 Granbury Opera House. The local theater company has resumed shows, so plan ahead and book a ticket.
- While you’re in the downtown historical district of Granbury you’ll want to check out the museums and art galleries that pepper the main streets. Plus, you’ll discover a plethora of charming little shops for local jewelry, antiques, home decor, wine, and chocolates. There’s something for everyone!
- Enjoy a glass of Texas grown wine at Barking Rocks Vineyard and Winery. The outdoor seating area is a beautiful, rustic space to relax and strike up a conversation with some of the locals.
- Since 1952, the Brazos Drive-In has been showing double-features to locals and visitors alike to enjoy from the comfort of their own vehicles. It’s one of the best things to do in Granbury TX for a date night and it’s just a few minutes from our Granbury Bed and Breakfast.
- Just about a half hours drive from our B&B is a one-of-a-kind animal sanctuary at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It’s an amazing way to catch a glimpse of some beautiful exotic animals without even leaving your car if you so choose.
- If you’d like to plan a hiking excursion on your time here in Granbury, head out about 30 minutes to Dinosaur Valley State Park. With more than 20 miles of trails through the Paluxy Riverbed and flatlands, which was once home to many species of dinosaur. You’ll even see some fossilized footprints from the giant ancient creatures.
- There’s no shortage of amazing restaurants in this neck of the woods, which makes exploring these culinary delights one of the best things to do in Granbury TX. Just minutes away from our Bed and Breakfast is a huge selection of tasty treats, from fried chicken at Babe’s Chicken, Cajun-style BBQ at a renovated gas stop at Pearl Street Station, and great burgers in a classic diner at Nutshell Eatery and Bakery.
- One of the absolute best things to do in Granbury TX is take a day to reset and relax at our B&B. We’ll pamper you with an amazing morning meal with treats like homemade muffins or biscuits, followed by entrees, and always something sweet to finish. Spend the rest of the day down by the lake, in the shade of our wrap around porch, hang out in the game room for a puzzle, and join us for happy hour in the afternoon before your evening plans.
The Perfect Getaway to Granbury TX at Our Bed and Breakfast
The Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast is a small piece of heaven on earth in one of the most amazing towns in all of Texas. Our location to Lake Granbury makes each day here a treat, with a cool breeze coming off the water, and the shining views from the windows of the historic Inn. Plus, lots of cozy seating areas to sit back, put your feet up, and relax. That’s what a visit with us is all about.
From the minute you arrive to our Granbury Bed and Breakfast you’ll see that we love to host and help people to have the most amazing experiences on their getaways. We also like to have fun! A glass of wine or a jalapeno margarita greets you at check in and homemade marshmallows and graham crackers are available for s’mores by the fire pit in the evening. You won’t find these perks at just any hotel lodging. Make your stay in Granbury special and book your room today!